Straits Regional Ride (SRR), operator of EMGO transit buses in Emmet County, is hiring drivers. A description of the job is detailed below.
Straits Regional Ride – CHEBOYGAN COUNTY
Job Announcement – OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
POSITION: Bus Drivers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Pass a physical/drug screen/background check and IBT fingerprint check
- Meet normal lifting requirements of 30 lbs.
- Valid Michigan Commercial Driver’s License with P endorsement or Chauffeurs License
- Pay: per approved – Cheboygan County 2019 budget guidelines by classification
- Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules in order to transport passengers, complying with traffic regulations, pick up passengers at prearranged locations.
- Collect fares; record cash receipts and ticket fares.
- Ensure clients have seat belts fastened properly and wheelchair brakes are locked and secured properly.
- Use hydraulic lifts and own strength to safely help clients on and off the bus.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Communicate with dispatchers by radio, telephone, or computer to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Notify dispatchers of vehicle problems, delays or accidents.
- Follow regulations governing bus operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Record name, date, bus identification, information on pre- trip sheets, along with trip information such as time and place of pickup, drop-off, and total fee.
- Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles.
- Fill out vehicle condition report accurately for below items.
- Test vehicle equipment such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation. Perform routine vehicle maintenance such as regulating tire pressure and adding fuel, oil, and water, cleaning interior of bus following each trip or work shift.
Other duties as specified, as needed in regards to care for equipment and operation of Straits Regional Ride. All other duties covered in employee training prior to operating equipment.
Inside & outside in all weather conditions in Emmet and Cheboygan Counties
Director/ Operations Manager/ Dispatcher while on route
Full-time, mostly full days. However, at times may work half day. Monday through Friday currently, but there may be Saturday work if a new contract requires it. In rotation with all employees (may vary depending on requirements of actual route). Starting as early as 6:00 a.m. and on route as late as 6:30 p.m., depending on route assigned that day.
Open until filled. No phone calls. Apply in person at Straits Regional Ride, 1520 Levering Rd., Cheboygan, MI 49721. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org for application. Please put “job” in the subject line. Return completed application to Emmet County Building Suite G-74, or by fax to (231) 597-0178 or send via postal mail to SRR at the address above.